Austin’s 2nd Annual Outdoor Living Tour will promote and encourage outstanding design of exterior spaces on Saturday, May 21 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (rain or shine). Visitors will see how homeowners, architects and landscape designers conceptualized and executed their ideas in 10 homes with exceptional landscape design and architecture.
Innovative designs of outdoor spaces including a screened in urban porch, a floating water feature, an outdoor fireplace, enviable swimming pools, and even a dog run will be showcased. “Austin has such a temperate climate so outdoor living spaces are critical not only for adding square footage to a home, but also for beautifying the natural landscape. We have such a green city — both in color and in sustainability — that Austinites love taking advantage of what nature provides us. Lots of shade for sipping tea in the summer on a deck while taking a dip in the pool to perfect limestone outcroppings that can serve as fireplaces for a cool winter night — we get all of it here.
The Outdoor Living Tour is meant to show off the incredibly talented architects and landscape architects through their stunning work.” — Matt Swinney, owner of Launch787, company that created unique, out-of-the-box events like the Austin Outdoor Living Tour, Austin Fashion Week, Austin Modern Home Tour, and more.
Property owners contemplating xeriscaping or building a deck will have an opportunity to meet the industry experts at each location to learn what may be possible in their own backyard. Homes on the tour include: • 2416 University Club Drive Austin, TX 78732 (Home and Grounds)*
• 2522 Pearce Road Austin, TX 78730 (Home and Grounds) • 3 Boardman Lane Austin, TX 78746 (Grounds only)
• 1704 Mount Larson Austin, TX 78746 (Home and Grounds)
• 103 Vale Street (Bray Residence) Austin, TX 78746 (Home and Grounds)
• 101 Vale Street Austin, TX 78746 (Home and Grounds)
• 1902 Ford Street Austin, TX 78704 (Home and Grounds)
• 2508 Wilson Street Austin, TX 78704 (Home and Grounds)
• 6502 Grover Avenue Austin, TX 78751 (Home and Grounds)
• 1306 Brentwood Street Austin, TX 78757 (Home and Grounds)
Tickets are $15 +$2 service fee in advance at http://www.outdoorlivingtouraustin.com/tickets.html or $25 at any of the properties the day of the tour. Children under 12 are free. For more information on the event or the properties visit: http://www.outdoorlivingtouraustin.com/
By Monica Pena